Saturday, August 1, 2020

Quarantine: Why not try something new?

As most of you are probably doing (at least I hope), I am self-isolating for hopes of preservation. Like most of you doing the same, work has been terribly slow (although, thankful to still have a job.... for now) and I have been going nuts trying to keep myself busy. These are weird times for us all and I know I have been trying to do and watch things that keep me in a happy mood. With my anxiety at an all-time high, I wanted to find something to help occupy my time and keep my mind off the craziness of the world.

For a long time (years probably) I have been wanting to do something different here. I haven't blogged in over 2 years, but I have had this project in my brain since before that. Today I decided why shouldn't I start it while I have the time? What is the project you ask? Well, it involves two of my obsessions. TV and Gilmore girls. (And yes, girls is in lower case).

For any huge Gilmore girls fan, you have watched every episode at least a dozen times. Well, I have seen each episode over 30 times at least. I have noticed weird things, inconsistencies if you will. I have learned pop culture references I did not know about. I have seen famous faces before they were famous. So, I have decided to go episode by episode and blog about each one, pointing out all the things that I notice.

Now, this might not be something for someone watching the show for the first time. There will for sure be some spoilers as I compare things from earlier episodes to later episodes. This is also not done out of negativity; it is done out of love. Gilmore girls is my absolute favorite show of all time. As a huge fan (I have even competed in trivia events on the subject) that has seen the episodes over and over and over, I have noticed some weird things and I just want to share. Many huge fans will have noticed the same things, I am sure. 

My love for this show and time on my hands have led me here. I hope you enjoy it! I don't know how often I plan on posting. Hopefully, at least once a week maybe more. I am really looking forward to this journey and I hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment